[back to top]

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #27747 | 2016-08-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Directions for 9Hole, a golfing-platformer.

Controls:
Arrows to move
Button 3 (C or Z) to jump
Button 4 (X) to swing your club. Hold the button and release for a stronger swing!
When the ball is airborn:

• arrows to influence its movement (VERY important) - arrows have more effect after the ball has bounced off something
  • press jump to return control to the player before the ball starts moving

Goal: Get the ball to the flag under par, then get yourself there in one piece!

Hello everyone,

I really, REALLY wanted to wrap this game up, but due to events in my personal life coming up I may not get a chance to finish this anytime soon. I really wanted to share what I have, so here is my first game, 9Hole!

It is heavily a work in progress, and it is missing:
-Sound
-levels
-all sorts of polish

I am really enjoying Pico-8, and it is a testament to the quality of the console that I was able to bang this out in a few free hours (I estimate I've played with Pico-8 about 10 hours total, from downloading to publishing).

One day soon, I hope to finish this. In the meantime, I could use your feedback!

I wanted to make a golf game that didn't involve a timing-based swing mechanic. There is some timing here, but the ball is really controlled well with the arrow keys. It can collect powerups, beat-up turtles, and bounce off springs! I was a little inspired by an old Itchy-and-Scratchy Gameboy game where you platformed and played minigolf. I think the golfing in my game is harder, but the platforming is very simple right now.

Thanks to everyone who has been fooling around here - I have been very inspired by everyone's creations!

-PaloBlanco

P#27741 2016-08-30 20:11 ( Edited 2016-08-31 14:07)